Wednesday, 1 March 2017

So I listened to... The Adventures of Tom Stranger, Interdimensional Insurance Agent.


This audiobook was my first taste of Larry Correia, a recording of one of his novellas, and one hell of a fun and humorous story. I will always remember this with a chuckle as I was listening to this whilst on the rowing machine at my gym and I kept laughing and losing count of what I was doing.

The story is a funny one. Tom Stranger, the hero of the story, hops between dimensions dealing insurance with various races and acquires himself a new assistant along the way; but it turns out to be the wrong one. His proper assistant has been stuck behind a desk somewhere, this one has a... gender studies degree and occupied a street once. To tell any more would spoil the story but it is one of the funniest things I've heard in a long time.

The best part? It is narrated by the one and only Adam Baldwin himself, and his effort is nothing but perfect. The humor in this story is given a wonderful layer of icing on top of it by some of the tones he uses, especially when talking about the previously mentioned gender studies degree. To repeat what I said earlier: it really is one of the funniest things I have heard in a long time.

The audiobook is just over two hours long but this is reflected in the price, but if you are using Audible's monthly credit system then that really isn't a worry. Pick this one up, it's a great listen.

No comments:

Post a Comment